Friday, October 16, 2009

Chicken Tropicana

Last week was another great Freezer Meal Workshop and this is one of the recipes we made. I cooked it Friday night after a hot day at the pumpkin patch. Dinner was ready in about 30 minutes - mind you I had prepped and frozen most of the ingredients already so it was just a matter of cooking it all up! A few days before cooking, this is what I placed into a freezer bag: 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (or however many you need to feed your family) 2 Tbsp Pacific Fusion 2 Tbsp Natural GSO 4 slices of pineapple and some juice 1/2 tsp Garlic & Herb Blend handful of bell pepper strips 1/2 cup Moroccan Salmon Sauce The night before cooking, I took the bag out of the freezer and placed into the refrigerator to defrost. For dinner, I started by putting the rice on to cook with 1 Tbsp Butter GSO. Then I pre-heated a large skillet with a drizzle of Garlic GSO and quickly browned the chicken from the freezer bag, then I added the all the sauce and goodies and even cut up a zucchini to throw in. I let it simmer until the chicken was done, the veggies were tender and the sauce had condensed slightly. Served it over rice and it was a delicious sweet & spicy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment