Monday, June 15, 2009

Just the Two of Us!

Andy is not home tonight and since I am still sick I decided to make Oliver and me a quick and healthy pasta dinner. It's a one dish meal that includes veggies and protein and NO measuring. I quickly cooked up 2 chicken breasts in a little butter gso seasoned with wildtree's ca garlic pepper blend. Then I pan sauteed 1 red onion, 1 zucchini and 1 yellow crooked neck squash in a drizzle of natural, butter and garlic gso with a sprinkling of kosher salt. Meanwhile I boiled water for some whole wheat penne pasta. Once the veggies were nice and browned, I added cherry tomatoes which I cut in half and let soften and warm. When the pasta was done, I added it to the skillet with the vegetables and used a little leftover water from the pasta along with a tiny drizzle of the butter and garlic gso. Tossed in the chicken which I had cut into bite size pieces, some bocconcini and freshly grated parmeggiano reggiano cheese and bon appetito...dinner served! It was delicious and I managed to sneak veggies into Oliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment