Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly Meal Plan #1

I often talk about how much I value meal planning. I save money, waste less food, stress less over the old question, "What's for dinner?", and feel like something can be checked off my crazy to-do list! I only plan for 5 dinners, figuring that there will be leftovers for a couple nights or perhaps we will eat out one night. I also take into account if we are all home or if there will be late nights and I need to have the crockpot ready for a night when I will not have any time to cook!. I've decided to post them on my blog to help you out and take the stress out of planning your busy weeknights. These are just suggestions, so feel free to make any changes and please share your thoughts and ideas! If you need the recipes - just let me know!
 
Monday - Short Rib Ragu with Chiocciole and broccoli. (I freeze extras for another week.
 
Tuesday - Chicken & Onion Stew served over Rice. Sauteed Red Chard on the side. (Normally I would freeze these extras too but there never seem to be any!)
 
Wednesday - Enchiladas and a side salad (These can be made ahead and frozen.
 
Thursday - Roasted Chicken Breasts with root vegetables and mashed potatoes.
 
Friday - Turkey Meatballs (with all kinds of veggies hidden inside), red sauce and penne.

No comments:

Post a Comment