Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quick & Easy Beef Stew

I had to pull dinner together the other night, but wasn't going to be home all day! There were not many groceries in my house as I had been traveling, so this is what I came up with. I coated 2 lbs of stew meat in flour seasoned with a little Scampi blend. I put 1 sliced onion on the bottom of the slow cooker, poured a bag of frozen butternut squash soup on top and placed the meat on top of that. I used 1 cup of stock to deglaze the pan I browned the meat in and also added in 1 packet of our Absolutely Onion Blend while it deglazed. I poured this mixture over the meat and veggies and put the crockpot on low for the day. It turned out great! The butternut squash melted into the sauce and was delicious. I served it with orzo and roasted zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment