Simple, healthy recipes and great resources for better health & wellness!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
38 Non-Organic Ingredients Found in 'USDA Organic' Foods
What They Are, How They're Used, and Why They Made the List
I've always said you cannot trust a product just because it's labeled organic. They make organic MSG for example. In North America, a product that is only 95% organic can be labeled USDA certified organic. And a product with only 70% organic ingredients can be labeled organic. Ever wonder what the other 5 - 30% ingredients are? I sure do!
Read more here: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/3980#ixzz0kYjLPcin