Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lasagna

A good ol' Nor'Easter blew into New England this August and I thought it was perfect timing to make a hearty lasagna. It was delicious!! My 6 year old son ate three helpings the first night and then had it two more nights in a row! I loaded it with veggies so it was truly a one dish meal.
I made the lasagna using Giada's Bolognese sauce I cooked up earlier, and then just layered lots of yummy ingredients like this...
Layer of sauce on the bottom of casserole dish.
Layer of non-cook lasagna noodles.
Layer of cheesy mixture (15 oz ricotta, 2 eggs, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan)
Layer of fresh spinach leaves.
Layer of sauce.
Layer of non-cook lasagna noodles. Layer of cheesy mixture.
Layer of fresh spinach leaves. Layer of sauce.
Last layer of noodles. Last layer of sauce.
Cover top with shredded mozzarella and parmeggiano reggiano.
Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven until warm and bubbly, about 50 minutes and then uncover for another 5 minutes. (I actually cooked it, uncovered, at 350 for about 50 minutes as our oven on Cuttyhunk cooks high.)

No comments:

Post a Comment