Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Kid Friendly Dinner Favorite

Do you ever feel like you have just won a gold medal when dinner is devoured by your child? I do! Kids are honest and do not hide their love or hate for anything. Whenever Oliver eats a meal that is accompanied by little talking, but lots of "mmm's" and requests for more, I know have a winner!

A couple night's ago was one of those nights. It was one of my typical meals...no recipe to follow...no measurements to adhere to...just a little experimenting. This can sometimes be disastrous but it happened to work out this time! It reminded me of Kalua pork from Hawaii.

I put a pork butt in the slow cooker, with some chopped onions and sliced carrots. I mixed together some of Wildtree's Apple Cranberry Jam (one of my favorites!), a little CA Garlic Pepper, a couple dashes of  Teriyaki Sauce (or GF Tamari), and a little brown sugar. Mixed it all up with a little homemade stock and poured it over the pork. Cooked it low and slow until it was tender and served it with brown rice and sauteed zucchini. It was absolutely delicious!!! There wasn't much leftover but what was made a great lunch the next day!

To order any of the Wildtree products to make this meal (Apple Cranberry, CA Garlic Pepper, or Teriyaki Sauce) please go to www.jenwarr.mywildtree.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment