Friday, March 9, 2012

Everything's Betta with Bacon!

My son has a saying, "Everything's betta with butta...and bacon!"

And I couldn't agree more! The bacon we eat is always nitrate free and I try to make sure the chicken I cook with is free range. Why? One reason is because I want to make sure my family is getting enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D? From chickens? Yes...Did you know that "part of the
reason we are all lacking in Vitamin D is because we do not eat animals that were raised in the sun?" Learn more here from the Nourished Kitchen, one of my favorite blogs!

Now on to dinner...I made this delicious recipe from The Nourished Kitchen's guest post from Brenda at the Well Fed Homestead.

Bacon, Chicken and Green Beans
Ingredients
1 pound bacon, chopped
1/4 cup butter or ghee, optional
2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
24 ounces frozen green beans
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup full fat coconut milk

Instructions
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon and set aside on paper towels.
  2. Cook chicken in remaining bacon grease. Add butter to the pan if there is not enough grease.  Add garlic and onions and reduce heat to medium, stirring until the garlic and onions are tender.  Add in green beans, and cooked bacon, cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Stir in cheese and coconut milk until mixed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment