Friday, October 14, 2011

Wickedly Decadent Brownies

My Recipe for Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free Brownies
 
I love brownies! And so does my son...and my husband! We all have sweet tooths, especially for chocolate. Not being able to whip up some brownies as a special treat was difficult when we had to go gluten, dairy and egg free. I tried certain brownie mixes from places like Bob's Red Mill, which were ok, but they had an off-chocolate taste to a chocolate lover like me. Then Wildtree launched their Gluten Free line and my joy for eating brownies has been restored. Not only are they deliciously chocolaty, they are also made using Ancient Grains so they are more healthful than a lot of Gluten Free products out on the market shelves. These brownies are dense, chewy, rich and wickedly decadent!

Wickedly Decadent Brownies
 
Ingredients
1 package Wildtree Gluten Free Brownies
4 TBSP Wildtree Butter GSO
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP rice milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with Butter GSO. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges start to come away.
Cool and serve. 
Serves 16 (or one if you are me!) 

Cook's Note
If you can eat eggs, use 2 of them instead of the applesauce and baking powder. I find I need to add extra baking time when I swap out the eggs for applesauce.  If you use 2 eggs instead, you will only need to cook 30-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment