Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What's for Dinner? Cheddar & Herb Chicken, Cuke & Pear Salad and Garlic Naan

I don't know about you, but my life has been a little hectic lately and I have not been good about meal planning which means we have been eating out a lot! More about how I am going to remedy that to come...but in the meantime, I thought I would post what we are having for dinner as I try to pull it together!

Last night I made Cheddar & Herb Chicken with broccoli. I realized that I am always talking about Wildtree's great skillet meals - how quick & easy as well as delicious they are, but I wasn't taking advantage of cooking them!

I browned 4 chicken breasts in some Garlic GSO which I cut up into bite sized pieces when done. I added one seasoning packet, 2 cups of water, 1 cup of milk, 2 heads of broccoli and a little over 2 cups of uncooked whole wheat penne to a large skillet. Brought it all to a boil, covered it and then simmered it for about 15 minutes. I served it with toasted Naan bread, and a quick salad I improvised using an English cucumber, a bosc pear and some red wine vinegar. This quick meal served 5 people and it was devoured!

No comments:

Post a Comment