Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am not a baker...or at least I don't feel like a good one.
It's one of the reasons why I love Wildtree...they make baking SO easy! It's usually a matter of just adding some oil, water and maybe an egg - what could be easier? Life was good...and then we had to go gluten free...and dairy free...and egg free...and yeast free. Have you ever tried to bake anything without the aforementioned ingredients? It's daunting! And as I said, I already feel like a horrible baker.

To my delight, Wildtree is about to launch a dedicated Gluten Free line and I couldn't be happier!!!! In the meantime, I've been busy trying out all kinds of recipes! Donuts from Babycakes, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread from Gluten Free Goddess and now...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins with the help of King Arthur.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
(crispy cinnamon sugar tops)

1 box King Arthur Flour muffin mix
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
5 TBSP Wildtree Butter GSO
3/4 cup rice milk

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into muffin liners - almost to the top. Sprinkle each muffin top with cinnamon sugar and bake for about 20 minutes until the top is crusty and springs back to the touch and a cake tester comes out clean. I find these need a little extra time - they are on the gooey side (which I personally love). I may try experimenting with a little less liquid - but in the meantime, they won't last long on the counter top!


Light, fluffy, gooey inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment